The creative zone in the studio needed to be practical with such a variety of projects, so I really needed two different types of workspace. The first and most obviously was a desk – with room for emails, designing, sketching, and other general office admin. But I also needed space to get my hands ‘dirty’ so to speak. Sometimes I’m packaging up Zandelion prints, or I am creating moodboards, or printing and foiling, or cutting and sticking, or just wanting to stand up for a change – so that’s why there’s a workbench too. I don’t mind if this space looks a little ‘loved’ (aka untidy) from time to time, so long as my desk is always under control!
Shop our Style
1. Memo Board: Wire urban memo board in black, from Kmart
2. Candle: Caramel and Fig in rose gold and carrara marble, from Temple & Webster
3. Stool Cushion: ‘Bertil’ chair pad in charcoal, from Ikea
4. Stool: ‘Worx’ bar stool in black, from Fantastic Furniture
5. Light: ‘Chilli’ café cage pendant lights, from Bunnings
6. Light: ‘Fuji’ café cage pendant lights, from Bunnings
7. Drawers: ‘Alex’ drawer unit on castors, from Ikea
8. Cowhide: Black and white hide, from Adairs
9. Chair: ‘Penelope’ upholstered chair, from Temple & Webster
10. Wardrobe Handles: Leather drawer pulls in black, from Interior Motives
11. Basket: Storage basket in rose gold, from Urban Couture
12. Desk: ‘Darby’ dining table, from Oz Design
Photography by the lovely and incredibly talented Ciaran Wilson from Creo.